Some of our staff share why OELC matters with this video message.
Whether it is through athletics, the arts, student governance or global issues, our courses concentrate on leadership skills and abilities that will support and assist students in their leadership endeavours in their home schools and communities. Each of our courses focuses on individual leadership styles, team dynamics and collaboration, communication, creative problem-solving, and organizational skills. For this reason, responsibility, inclusivity, community and global awareness are components of every course.
Click here to download a copy of the OELC/CASO All Course Flyer.
Please see our course outlines for detailed descriptions of each leadership course and to register for that course.
Things you will need to complete your online registration
To register online, you'll need your school and board information, the name of the teacher or principal who nominated/supported your attendance and their e-mail, and a Visa or MasterCard.
See Registration Details
When registering for a course, please be aware of the following:
- Some of our courses fill up very quickly - students will be accepted on a first come, first accepted basis. Please get your forms and payment in as soon as possible to ensure attendance.
- OELC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course
- If a $99.00 uniform fee applies, the student will receive 1 sweatshirt, 2 t-shirts, 2 shorts and 1 tournament top. Courses with a $39.00 uniform fee will receive 2 OELC t-shirts. These uniform fees also include a course photo, OELC lanyard, folder and OELC crest.
- Both the program fee and the uniform fee must accompany the application form (they may be combined into one cheque if desired). Please add the HST to the total of both.
- The Indication of Student Support Form should be signed by either a teacher or principal. (If you are unable to obtain this signature because of extenuating circumstances, please contact OELC to discuss an alternate way to apply for the course.)
- Travel subsidies may be allowed for people traveling by plane from or beyond Timmins, Sault Ste. Marie and Thunder Bay (Northern Ontario). More details concerning travel arrangements will be forwarded in the acceptance letter.
- Once the registration form has been received, an acceptance/information package will be e-mailed or mailed to your home.
- A $75.00 administration fee will be charged for any cancellation. There will be no refund of fees for cancellations received within 14 days of the commencement of the course. Special or unexpected situations may be considered.
- Because the goal of OELC is to have full representation from all parts of the province, OELC reserves the right to restrict numbers of students applying from one school.
- OELC is a 100% nut-free facility. No nut products (or products that may contain nuts) are permitted on site.