Just a few reasons why you should come to OELC!
Located on the beautiful shores of Lake Couchiching, OELC has been providing leadership development opportunities to students from across Ontario since 1948. Each of our 14 unique leadership courses are developed and delivered by professionals, primarily teachers. They focus on engaging and educating youth to maximize their potential as leaders, encouraging them to become responsible and participating citizens in their schools, communities and beyond. Whether it is through the arts, athletics, school governance or global issues, our courses help Ontario youth get in touch with their leader within.
Empowering Youth to Lead!
Our mission is to provide youth unique, innovative opportunities to learn self-reflection and to learn to lead with others to take action, and make a difference. We achieve this, in an outdoor education setting, through leadership courses that are purposefully designed and highly engaging.
Imagining possibilities….creating a difference
Our leadership courses at OELC will:
- provide opportunities for leaders to explore and expand their personal leadership potential;
- ensure participation is inclusive and a positive experience for all;
- create meaningful experiences for leaders to challenge beliefs and practices through critical thinking;
- explore social justice issues on how youth can impact change;
- be facilitated by educators and community leaders who believe in the potential of youth to make a difference in their schools and communities;
- foster an understanding of environmental sustainability; and,
- build a network of youth leaders across the province.